Local Council reps & NGO activists – this is a UNIQUE LEARNING OPPORTUNITY!
SKOP is inviting you to attend a fully financed two day activity which focuses on the development of projects that are relevant to your institutions in the context of Sustainable Development, as well as on the collaboration between Councils and NGOs.
This is made possible thanks to SKOP’s Presidency project “E4C – Educating for Change”, financed by the European Commission and the Maltese Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
What is it about? The Project “Marathon Workshop”
The joint workshop-seminar will take place over two days on Friday 16th and Saturday 17th June, at the Seminary in Rabat. Transport to and from the Seminary, food and accommodation for one night will be financed by SKOP. The activity will be followed by a networking dinner on Saturday evening, financed by SKOP.
On Friday, we will start on a brief introduction to sustainable development. This will be followed by training on the subject of Project Development.
We will then jointly engage in the Marathon, during which
- participants will be able to either present their own project ideas or join into other ideas presented, then
- collect expert advice on how to best develop their project and collaboration, before
- developing their project proposals in detail, guided by experts from the field. This will continue until Saturday morning, following which
- participant project teams will be presenting their ideas to a panel of evaluators. A prize will be awarded to the three best proposals.
What is in it for me?
This innovative simulation exercise will allow participants to
- develop and enhance their skills and knowledge in project development;
- learn about sustainable development from a local and global perspective;
- benefit from the expertise of specialists who will be present at the event;
- build and enlarge their networks of Maltese Local Councils and NGOs.
How can I participate?
Please note that this is a fully financed, exclusive activity, which is open to 30 LC and 20 NGO representatives only. Participation is being awarded on a first come first served basis. To avoid disappointment, register at your earliest by filling in this form: https://goo.gl/forms/7gkSF4QuOdWFaOfy1.
For further information, see the Facebook Event Page, contact email@example.com or phone on 21332977.